Thursday, December 14, 2006

Free software 13: equation solver



I have to say, students today should not have any pain when working on their homework because of computer. Many softwares are designed to help you. Of course, you have to pay . ;) Futhermore, Internet is a really good source where you can find help. I do remember it was painful when I was a primary and a junior student. Endless equations were sitting on my little desk, and watching me struggling. These are some complaints to memory my student life (although I am still a student now).

Today's leading actor is Deadline, a powerful equation solver. In its website, it says you can do the following with it:



  1. solve equations

  2. plot graphs interactively

  3. perform calculations

  4. derive functions and evaluate derivatives

  5. solve optimization problems: find local extrema

  6. integrate functions numerically

  7. solve parametric equations

  8. obtain an in-depth analysis of a function

  9. save results: equations, graphs, roots and extrema

  10. solve Calculus assignments in your own language

I tried it and recommend it to students who are not good at maths ;). The official website is http://deadline.3x.ro/, where the picture in this article comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment