Monday, December 18, 2006

Nokia contact display issue

My housemate bought a Nokia cell phone yesterday. When he arrived home, all time were devoted to studying the new phone. Unfortunately, when he tested his messages, he found the phone cannot display the sender's name, though the number is stored in his SIM card. After fiddling with his phone for a long time, he asked me to send him a new message again.

Wow, my name was displayed. So he asked the first sender to send him the message again. Of course, the result remained the same. I do remember I have met this problem before. But it is hard to pick up the cause; it happened long time ago. Luckily, I figured it out.

This problem is caused by duplicate numbers. If you store the same phone number into more than one contact, Nokia phone will not display the contact in your address list.

No comments:

Post a Comment