Friday, December 31, 2010

Microsoft Security Essentials installation error 0x80070643

At http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/908fad3e-f9fc-4d8a-be83-ae7d3bc48db5, the post explains how to solve the problem when you are receiving an error 0x80070643 during installation of Microsoft Security Essentials.

Yesterday, when I installed Microsoft Security Essentials on my sister's laptop, I encountered this issue. Unfortunately, the post mentioned above doesn't help. However, I noticed that all the Google search results were redirected to a strange address. Thus I suspected that some malwares prevented the installation from being completed.

I downloaded Spybot-S&D and cleaned the malwares. It had difficulty when clean the harmful redirection in the hosts file. I had to obtain the full control through the security tab of the file properties.

After the removal of the malwares, Microsoft Security Essentials was installed successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment