Thursday, September 02, 2010

Error: 0x80070079 The semaphore timeout period has expired

This is what happened.

I inserted my SDHC card into my laptop card reader. Then I chose to import the images to my computer. But I canceled half way. After that I managed to cut some files from the card to the laptop. Then I didn't know what happened but the nightmare began.

I tried to copy a file into the card, an error appeared:
Error: 0x80070079 The semaphore timeout period has expired.

However, there was a file existed in the card, with the same filename. At this time, I was able to delete this file. So unplugged my computer and restarted it, but it was getting worse. I could open the root directory of the SDHC card, but couldn't get further because the error mentioned above would be thrown by the system.

After testing, I was sure my card functioned well and suspected it was caused by the card reader driver. So I went to Control panel --> Device manger, and uninstalled the card reader device. Then restarted the computer, installed the newest driver of the card reader. After all the steps, it is working well now.

No comments:

Post a Comment