Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Remove Bonjour completely

I know you may be an Apple fan and not be interested in removing the by-product of Apple software. But sorry, I am not. I am strongly against the software which have malware behaviour. After uninstalling iTunes and Bonjour, Bonjour, installed by iTunes, like a ghost, still remains in my computer at C:\Program Files\Bonjour, and I cannot simply delete it. It behaves like a malware.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_%28software%29) gives me a solution which is provided by Adobe:
  • Open a Windows command prompt and type the following command: "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe" -remove
  • Navigate to the following folder in Windows Explorer: C:\Program Files\Bonjour
  • Rename the mdnsNSP.dll file in that folder to mdnsNSP.old
  • Restart your computer
  • Delete the Program Files\Bonjour folder
The reason why I installed ITunes is that my sister gave me a iPod. If I am going to buy a new MP3 player, sorry, no iPod anymore.

By the way, why does Adobe provide the way to remove Bonjour? The answer is installing Adobe products introduces Bonjour.

No comments:

Post a Comment