Thursday, September 07, 2006

IEEE Xplore citation export problem with Endnote

Recently, when I exported conference proceeding papers from IEEE Xplore, Endnote recognized them as proceeding papers, but cannot filter out the conference name. When I changed the reference type into journal article, the conference name appeared in the alternative journal field. However, Endnote worked well several weeks ago. So I asked for a support in the Endnote website.

It seems that the technical supportors were quite busy these days and after 2 days, finally, I got their solution.

Here is their solution:
  1. Within EndNote click on Edit > Preferences > Folder Locations. If the location of the filters folder is not C:\Program Files\EndNote 9\Filters, click on the "EndNote Defaults" button and click on OK.
  2. If it still does not work, something may have happened to the direct export filter. You can save the attached filter into the filters folder (C:\Program Files\EndNote 9\Filters) and replace the file that is currently in the folder.

No.1 didn't work at all. The folder is exactly the same. So I turned to No.2. Luckily, it worked this time. The strange point with this problem is that, every computer with this Endnote version (borrowed from library) has the same phenomenon. If you are experiencing the same problem, please contact the technical support immediately. ;P

© Wenbin

Update: Sep. 1, 2007 I just updated to Endnote X recently and found that Endnote X had fixed this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment